New Product Option - White Primer
Want to save some time and money on your next cabinet remodeling project?
Cabinet Doors 'N' More now offers white primer as an option for your replacement cabinet doors and drawer fronts. If you are ordering paint grade hard maple or MDF (Medium Density Fiberboard) cabinet doors or drawer fronts you can easily add this option to every component you order. Cabinet Doors 'N' More's priming capabilities allow you to save money and the time consuming process of prepping and priming your Cabinet Doors and Drawer Fronts.
Our Priming Process:
- Prior to priming, the cabinet doors and drawer fronts are prepared to accept the coating material. Putty is applied to the joints, open-end grain, tear outs and other visible voids. The product is then hand sanded to remove excess putty and provide a smooth, uniform surface to accept the primer coat.
- Cabinet Doors 'N' More primer is post catalyzed, acid cured and compatible with many high quality topcoats. We recommend only acid cured conversion varnish topcoats.
- All MDF (Medium Density Fiberboard) cabinet doors and drawer fronts will receive a detail coat of primer applied to all machined areas on the face (panel raise, framing bead and edge profiles).
- Once dry, the detail coat is scuff sanded and a full coat of primer is applied to the face and back.
- After the priming process is completed, limited areas of roughness and open voids may be present. The amount of these types of defects will vary from cabinet door to cabinet door and will not be filled or sanded by Cabinet Doors 'N' More
- After curing, the Cabinet Doors and Drawer Fronts are inspected, individually wrapped, then packaged and shipped.
- Customers should scuff sand the primer using 280-grit sandpaper no more than 24 hours before applying any finish. All surfaces must receive this sanding step to achieve a mechanical bond.
- Cabinet Doors 'N' More paint grade hard maple primed products are subject to some natural grain raise during the priming process, which is not considered defective. Normal sanding preparation for topcoat application will remove these wood fibers. MDF cabinet doors and drawer fronts will not have this issue.
- You'll want to test for compatibility and adhesion between primers and your finish materials prior to finishing any large items or multi-piece projects.
Note: Priming cabinet doors takes an additional 5 days to ship beyond our normal lead time.
For new, replacement Cabinet Doors, Drawer Fronts, Drawer Boxes and all of your cabinet remodeling needs, turn to the leader in the online kitchen cabinetry industry – Cabinet Doors ‘N’ More. You can order as little as one cabinet door front for a quick repair, or a multitude of cabinet components for a large-scale project. Whatever you need, we have the custom, high-quality replacement cabinet components you can count on for your DIY project. Click through our extensive collection, and start our easy-to-use ordering process today!
Buy $750 or more in any combination of Cabinet Doors, Drawer Fronts, Drawer Boxes or accessories and get 10% off your entire order. Discount taken at check out. Discounts cannot be combined.
Learn More About Painting & Staining Cabinets